As I’ve been promising for some time now, here’s the update on my status towards reaching the goals I set for 90 Days to a SMASHING Success!
Let’s refresh everyone’s memory on the goals that were established, here:
1. I want to work with 20 clients.
2. I would like to speak in a public forum three times.
3. I would like to secure multiple streams of income. a) Business analysis engagements b) 4 affiliate sources c) Become a YouTube partner d) Offer book-keeping services for a limited time
4. 2,000 visits to site over a 30 day period
5. 4,000 page views over a 30 day period
So how am I doing??? Long story short, I have not reached any of the goals, but am still diligently marching forwards. Here’s a recap:
1. I want to work with 20 clients. Let me rephrase this goal with a little more clarity: I want to work with 20 paying clients. To date, I have worked with zero paying clients. When I started this project I believed I had 2 paying clients lined up. However, neither of those clients have worked out. Behind the scenes I broke the 20 client goal down into 4 clients in the first 30 days, 6 clients in the second 30 days, and 10 clients in the third 30 days. Realistically, I can still reach the goal, but it’s going to be a massive challenge! However, I am not adjusting this goal at this time. It’s still full steam a head towards 20 clients in 90 days.
2. I would like to speak in a public forum three times. This goal has been done away with and replaced with, “Produce a weekly podcast.” which I’m now doing with my good friend Kevin Gainey. I still intend on using public speaking as a way to take my message to the people and eventually as its own revenue stream, but I do not intend on doing that at present. In it’s place I put the Free Agent Toolbox Podcast which Kevin and I put out each Wednesday.
3. Multiple streams of income. a) Business analysis engagements b) 4 affiliate sources c) Become a Youtube partner d) Offer Book-keeping services for a limited time. I have had no traction with this goal, either. In terms of business analysis engagements, that goes back to goal 1., which as previously stated, I’ve had zero paying clients.
In terms of affiliate sources, this is my own fault for not tracking these sources down. I have a few ideas, but nothing worked in stone. However, with the upcoming changes to A Better Way of Business I believe I’ll be able to nail down two of these relatively quickly going forward.
Becoming a YouTube partner, this hasn’t happened either. Although this is still something very much on my mind. Originally I viewed Youtube videos as simply a tool to get my message out. However, over the last few weeks I have come to realize there is massive potential for videos for business and intend on exploring this even more in upcoming months.
In terms of offering book-keeping services, I just haven’t done this. And that’s by design. I’m trying to get away from book-keeping and accounting services, not get more into them. So this is something I’m trying to avoid.
4. 2,000 visits to the site over 30 days. This has been as high as 957 visits in 30 days, but currently resides at 899 visits. I feel I’m loosing a little traction and need to determine how I can get that traction back.
5. 4,000 page views over a 30 day period. This has been as high as 2,126 views over a 30 day period, but currently resides at 1,856. Again, I need to figure out how to take traffic and awareness to the next level.
So there you have it. I’m not currently meeting any of the goals I have set for the 90 Days to a SMASHING Success! project, but neither am I rolling in the floor crying over my progress or lack there of.
The biggest thing to me is I need to figure out how to convert attention and awareness into paying clients. I seem to get decent attention on this blog, but I’m just not converting any of into clients. So that’s what I’ll be focusing on over the next few weeks. I have some ideas, but am not certain which ones will take me where I want to go.
As always, thanks for joining me. Without you, this adventure would be pretty boring. If you have any comments or suggestions, I’d love to hear them. Throw them in the comment section below and I’ll be sure to respond.